So, I found a lovely dairy free apple cake recipe. I did not take pictures, but that's okay! It was actually quite tasty! It did taste healthy, but healthy is good!
Here's the yummy recipe! Violet loved it and was so sad by the end of the week when the cake was gone! I did make a few modifications, like using whole wheat flower and olive oil (I was out of vegetable oil).
recipe from food.com
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan. Combine the ground cinnamon and 5 teaspoons of the sugar together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and 2 cups of the sugar. Stir in the vegetable oil, beaten eggs, orange juice and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Top with 1/2 of the sliced apples and sprinkle with 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Pour the remaining batter over the top and layer the remaining sliced apples and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 70 to 90 minutes.