I've had an ongoing project to paint all of my mismatched dining chairs the same shade of green (the green that I used on my fireplace). Yesterday I tackled this $10 beauty from a garage sale.
This chair required a quick bit of sanding, 3 coats of paint, and a easy recover of the seat.
Get a look at all of the old layers of fabric! Yowser!
The fabric I used is actually a piece of the bag that my old Anthropologie bedspread was packaged in. I had been saving the big bag for just such a project.
A few staples from my trusty staple gun, a few screws, and viola! Instant pretty chair makeover!
I'm kind of in love with this little makeover!